Saturday, March 13, 2010

Loving in the moment

I'm fairly certain that the only person who reads this blog anymore is my husband... and I appreciate that he does read it. Still, I have been wanting to pick up writing again for the sake of trying. I've been getting razzed a little about how bad of a blogger I am so I will work harder.
I figure a blog is a good place to collect and share great things that you find, so here is a website that Ian brought to my attention this week: http://tradeasone.com/

Trade As One's mission is "to use sustainable business to break cycles of poverty and dependency in the developing world. We all have a conscience, and we want to give people the chance to use it when they shop."
I think that is amazing and worth getting on board.

Trade As One is one of a handful of organizations and shops that are getting on board to create options for consumers to buy goods that are made in safe working environments with fair wages that allow others internationally to have better lives by using our buying power to vote daily for justice.

This is an issue close to my heart as I have been traveling especially in this year. We are headed to Kenya soon and I am truly hoping that we can continue to find places that offer fairly made goods so that we can support social change internationally.

This is also an exciting find because with every fair trade option that opens, i feel one step closer to one day accomplishing a life goal, which is to have a wardrobe made completely of fairly made goods.
Hooray for a new discovery that brings us one step closer to securing justice for many!
B

1 comment:

kev said...

Thanks for spreading the word! Feeel free to post and share our video as well. It can be found at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfGki00T0c

Kevin
Trade as One