Sunday, June 8, 2008

Doing stuff... making things... watching and listening

I thought it may be time to share some of the links that have been really making my life happy. A little music... a little art... a little bit of whatever.

I'm really enjoying Belle and Sebastian right now. http://www.belleandsebastian.com/
ThreadBanger... in case you haven't checked them out... you are totally missing out. Totally.
Craftzine.com's blog has been keeping me thinking about making and smiling as I do so.
If you aren't member of Hulu you should be. Go watch the season finale of House.
Not to mention that there is some quality film out right now that is not being viewed enough! My latest discoveries have been Young @ Heart, which I am crazy about! Talk about an inspiring family friendly film event. Oh my goodness!
Also- on DVD Lars and the Real Girl may seem a bit sketchy from some of the synopsis... but do not be fooled! This is a beautiful film that is well worth the watch! I have also been joined in opinion by not just friends... but their parent's... so if you really are worried think of them and add it to your queue NOW!
For those of you looking for something a little off the beaten path (mind you I found this thanks to Craftzine's blog) Yeondoo Jung's beautiful photography is really doing it for me. Especially her Wonderland series where she makes compositions based off of children's drawings... i love this idea!!!
If you are not shopping on Etsy.com for almost every holiday and gifting situation... you are missing a great wealth of handmade goods that will rock your world! This decal for the toilet by Etsy seller vital just tickles me! Even if you aren't buying every time you visit... prepare to be inspired!
OH! Google book search. I re-discovered this again the other day and thought "how have I been living without this so long!?" Really great resource for a bunch of different subjects... and full view books (not to mention printable) for numerous classics that are in the public domain. LOVE IT. This will greatly cut down on the amount of books that will be hiding in my suitcase in the future. Not to mention that if I am ever lucky enough to get one of those cool digital readers... i will be set :)
I know there are a billion other things I should be sharing with you that are rocking my face off... but I have places to go and people to see :)
More linkedy-links laterz.
B

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lars is a movie to share. My sister was scared off by the synopsis but i got my dad to watch on fathers day. i cried. it was wonderful.

i saw Rachel in GC a while back. i hung out in her room which was funny.

take care ~ JBJ