Sunday, June 15, 2008

The post-modern polaroid

Ian was a champ and made me use my microSD card reader... which I had never done before and which worked quite well :)
SOOOO... I dropped some of the weird pictures I take with my cell phone and I figure why not share them? Sadly when my phone first died it took some of those gems with it.. but I am beginning a new collection. ;)
While uploading these i really felt impressed that cell phone pictures are very much the "polaroid" of this generation. There isn't a whole lot of control on the camera or anything, but we get a very raw image that we can have NOW. However we can copy and reproduce these... still... it resonated for me in some strange way. I remember finding polaroids of people I had never met in albums at home and even in books in thrift stores and feeling fascinated by them. Anyway... without any retouching or further ado... my cell phone photos for this month :)










B

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are cool pictures...and with a cell phone none-the-less. I love reading your entries...now i've just got to check out all the things you talk about!! Love you